A hearty stew is at the top of the list when it comes to comfort food. This flavorful slow cooker beef stew recipe made with carrots, potatoes, celery and garlic is a breeze to prepare. After preparation, just let the slow cooker work its magic and enjoy!
Beef Stew Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds beef (or beef alternative)
- Himalayan salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 4 carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet or pan at medium heat.
- Cut beef (or beef alternative) into 1 inch cubes. Use Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to season beef, to taste.
- Add beef to the skillet and cook for approximately 2-3 minuted until browned.
- Chop potatoes, carrots and celery into chunks. Dice onion. Mince garlic.
- Place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and garlic into the slow cooker. Stir in beef broth, tomato paste, Worcestershire, thyme, rosemary, paprika, and bay leaves.
- Add Himalayan salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours. Alternatively, you can cook it more quickly on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Mix together 1/2 cup stew broth and flour, then stir this mix into the slow cooker. To thicken stew make sure to cook it on high heat for about 30 minutes more.
- Serve and enjoy!
Prep time: 20 mins
Ready in: 4-8 hours depending on slow cooker heat level.
We’d love to hear what you think of this beef stew recipe, leave us a comment below!