This healthy quinoa salad recipe is bursting with delicious flavors. The zesty citrus fruits, fresh herbs and sweet cherry tomatoes make for a perfect combination. Enjoy it warm right after cooking or save some in the fridge for later and serve it cold — either way you’ll love it!
Citrus Quinoa Salad Ingredients
- 1.5 cups quinoa
- 2 cups of water (or suggested amount from your quinoa package)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/3 teaspoon black pepper
- another 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 oranges, peeled and cut into small-medium pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced into halves
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped or diced
Sweet Lime Cilantro Dressing Ingredients
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- In a pot, bring the water, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and quinoa to a boil and then simmer at a low heat for 15 to 20 minutes. Make sure not to overcook, the grains should still be a little bit firm.
- Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, oranges, onion, paprika, black pepper, salt and olive oil, then stir.
- For the dressing, mix / whisk together the olive oil, maple syrup, lime juice, orange juice and cilantro.
- Pour over the quinoa while it’s still warm and toss.
- Add salt to taste, serve and enjoy!
Ready in: 30-35 minutes
Serves: 3 servings
We’d love to hear what you think of this citrus quinoa salad recipe, leave us a comment below.