This Thai coconut curry dish is deliciously smooth and full of rich flavors. It’s a great combination of salty, savory and sweet with just the right amount of heat. We suggest serving it with Jasmine rice. It’s great for dipping too, so be sure to have some fresh bread (like naan bread) on the side!
Thai Coconut Curry Ingredients
- 2.5 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced small
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast (or substitute with medium-firm tofu), diced into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2.5 teaspoons of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons of ground coriander
- 1 13-ounce can of coconut milk
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste (can substitute with curry powder, to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons of Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped for garnishing (basil may be substituted)
- Jasmine rice
- Fresh bread (like naan), optional for serving
- Add the oil and onion into a large pan or skillet and cook at medium-high heat for approximately 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the chicken (or tofu) for another 5 minutes until cooked. Make sure to continue stirring to ensure it’s cooked evenly.
- Add in the ginger, garlic and coriander. Continue cooking for about 1 minute and stir often.
- Add in the coconut milk, carrots, Thai curry paste, Himalayan pink salt and ground black pepper while stirring.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow it to boil gently for about 5 minutes, until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Add the spinach, lime juice, and stir to combine. Cook until spinach has wilted and is tender, about 1 to 2 minutes. After tasting, if you’d like, add some additional curry paste, salt, pepper, etc. to taste.
- Sprinkle with the cilantro, serve and enjoy!
Ready in: 30 minutes
Serves: 6 servings
We’d love to hear what you think of this Thai coconut curry recipe, leave us a comment below.