This roasted chicken recipe is bursting with rich garlicky flavor. It’s simple to make and guaranteed to be a hit at your next family meal. Best served with fresh bread to mop up the delicious sauce.
Roasted Chicken with Garlic Recipe Ingredients
- 8 chicken thighs (or chicken alternative)
- Ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- 1 head (approx. 20 cloves) of garlic, skin removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Rinse and then dry the chicken.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper liberally, then allow it to sit on the cutting board while preparing the garlic cloves.
- Cook the garlic cloves in olive oil and butter in a large ovenproof pan at medium heat for about 10 minutes, until lightly golden (stir occasionally). Remove the garlic from the pan and set it aside.
- Increase the stove heat to medium-high heat and brown the chicken skin-side down for about 5 minutes, until the skin is golden and crispy.
- Turn the chicken over, sprinkle with oregano, basil, thyme and rosemary.
- Add the garlic back into the pan with the chicken and place the pan in the oven. Bake for about 25 minutes, until cooked through completely.
- Once cooking is done, place the chicken thighs and garlic on a platter. Place the pan over medium-high heat and sprinkle the drippings with flour, then stir.
- Add some lemon juice and then pour the sauce over the chicken and garlic on the platter.
- Serve and enjoy!
Ready in: 1 hr 5 min
Serves: 4 servings
We’d love to hear what you think of this roasted chicken with garlic recipe, leave us a comment below.