Spice up your dinner with this spicy taco recipe! These flavor packed tacos are made with fresh ingredients and a delicious combination of herbs and spices. We suggest serving them with a side dish of rice and black beans or tortilla chips with salsa and guacamole for dipping.
Spicy Taco Ingredients
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 diced Spanish onion
- 1 lb ground beef (or ground beef alternative)
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8-12 taco shells, crunchy or soft
- Shredded mozzarella and/or cheddar cheese (or alternative)
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Fresh tomatoes, diced
- Sour cream
- Avocado, sliced into wedges
- 1-2 fresh limes, cut into quarters
- Heat a large pan or skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil and then the diced onion into the pan, then sauté until the onions are soft (approx. 5 mins). Make sure to stir often.
- Add in the ground beef (or alternative) and mix until it’s broken down into small pieces. Cook until ground beef is fully cooked through. Once cooked, make sure to drain most of the liquid and fat from the pan.
- Now it’s time to add in the tomato sauce, herbs and spices. Mix well until combined with the onions and ground beef. Cook for another 5 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Spoon your desired amount of ground beef mix into individual taco shells.
- Squeeze some fresh lime onto the tacos with the ground beef mix.
- Top with your preferred toppings (lettuce, diced tomato, cheese, sour cream and avocado). Time to eat!
Ready in: 20-25 mins
Serves: 4 servings
We’d love to hear what you think of this spicy taco recipe, leave us a comment below.