Garlic bread is the perfect side dish to many Mediterranean recipes, particularly Italian cuisine. It’s a simple yet delightfully flavorful and filling dish that is sure to be enjoyed by everyone at your table. This garlic bread recipe combines the rich savoriness of garlic with the unique flavors of parsley and dill.
Garlic Bread Ingredients
- 1 large loaf of unsliced French bread, best if fresh.
- 1/2 cup of salted butter or margarine at room temperature.
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed and pressed, or 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of dried or freshly chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of dried or freshly chopped dill
- Slice the loaf of bread into 3/4 inch slices.
- Preheat your oven to 380-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine and mix the garlic, parsley and butter until smooth.
- Spread the mixture onto only one side each of the slices of bread and then place all of the slices back into the shape of the loaf.
- Use aluminum foil to wrap the loaf, place it on a baking sheet and be for 20-25 minutes (until the crust is noticeably crispy).
- Serve it alongside your favorite Italian dish and enjoy!
Ready in: 30 mins
We’d love to hear what you think of this garlic bread recipe, leave us a comment below.