This spicy curry recipe is a wonderful mix of flavorful ingredients that come together to produce a rich dish with some serious heat. We suggest serving it with rice and toasted pita bread for a full, delicious meal.
Spicy Curry Ingredients
- 1.5 lbs (680g) diced chicken, beef or meat alternative
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 large piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ½ tsp ground black peppercorn
- 3 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- ½ tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 240 ml chicken stock
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp sugar
- 400 ml can of coconut milk
- Preheat your slow cooker to high.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, then add the chopped onion and cook at a medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken, beef or meat alternative to the pan and cook for 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt, ginger, black pepper, cayenne pepper, coriander, cumin, curry powder, paprika and cinnamon into the pan.
- Stir to coat the chicken and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar and coconut milk into the pan.
- Stir until the sauce is bubbling lightly then pour what’s in the pan into your slow cooker.
- Cook for 4 hours on high.
- Remove lid and stir to mix in the oils that have risen to the surface.
- Serve with rice and pita
Ready in: 4-5 hours
We’d love to hear what you think of this spicy curry recipe, leave us a comment below.
Herbs and spices from this recipe:
Food Service Size Bottles